Temporary and Permanent Works Design Engineer
Green Structural Engineering Ltd is a successful, rapidly expanding, award winning structural engineering consultancy based in South West London.
The company is actively growing its Temporary Works Department and as a result we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our creative, innovative and dedicated team.
The role will include the design of both temporary works and permanent works.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing temporary and permanent works design schemes for varied projects.
• Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies.
• Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of permanent and temporary works structures.
• Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
• Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
• Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions.
The successful applicant will have:
• BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Ability to compile method statements and other documentation for formal submission.
• Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues / external parties at all levels.
• Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.
If the above position appeals to you and you have the above requirements, do please send in your CV to email@example.com so we can set up an interview.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.