MEET BEN, ONE OF OUR STRUCTURAL TECHNICIANS.
1. What was the first album you ever bought?
Motown Chartbusters – Volume 3
2. What is your favourite book?
Shadow in the wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon. A book about a book.
3. What luxury item could you not live without?
Laptop/phone/anything with wi-fi that can get me the football results.
4. Who is your ideal dinner party guest and why?
Jimi Hendrix – there’d be no dinner. It’s just a ruse to watch him play my guitar.
5. What was your very first job?
Worked in a bar.
6. Who would play you in the Hollywood blockbuster of your life?
Woody Harrelson seems like a good bloke. Him!
7. What is your favourite structure from around the world and why?
Changes frequently but I really like the Millau Viaduct at the moment. It’s interesting, functional and when covered in cloud, surreal.
8. Why did you go into Structural Engineering?
Colleagues ask me this same questions frequently, usually with a quizzical look on their face.
My father was a builder so I was already interested in design and construction. I enjoyed maths, physics and design technology at school so it was a natural progression.